What is the detailed process of connecting two pads in this scenario?

nosati_shtakor nkalisni at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:04:45 UTC 2020

I have the following case:

A->B->C

Element 'B' is my audio decoder and i have '*handle_frame*' handler
implemented on it.

At the end of that handle_frame function I call
*gst_audio_decoder_finish_frame()*. That call will trigger the '*query*'
handler implemented on the sink 'C'.

 At the moment I (assume incorrectly) handle the 'query' request in a way
that I prepare everything on the sink 'C' like this is a connection request,
not just a query. What I would like to do is to simply check in 'query'
handler if 'C' sink can accept the type queried for and return. Then I would
like to receive that information in the element B and if it was successful,
I want to issue some sort of "connect_requst", but I don't know enough about
GStreamer's internals to do that.

Can somebody help me with that?