camtwist -> obs + pipeviz

Daniel Johnson teknotus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 19:31:50 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020, 2:00 PM Alain Culos <gstreamer at asoundmove.net> wrote:

> I meant to say that I found OBS - https://obsproject.com/ - which might
> answer your requirements or not.
> It more or less does what I want - with an add-on,
> https://github.com/CatxFish/obs-v4l2sink.git - but I would much prefer to
> be able to do this with gstreamer, starting with gst-launch for proof of
> concept before I move on to more involved programming whether C or python.

I mostly prototyped out the pipelines with a live streaming command line
app. I did the compositing in OpenGL and used used Intel hardware video
encoder. I tried to use hardware acceleration wherever possible which had
the negative side effects of it being broken on anything other than Intel
graphics.

So glupload ! glvideomixer

vaapiencode

Etc

When someone mentioned queues that's important because without them stuff
will generally be running on the same cpu core so your 6 cores won't help
you. Queues allow things on either side of the queue to be on different
threads. If the queues add too much latency from buffers that's tuneable.

I'm currently starting over with a cross platform UI, but maybe you can
fork the code to get what you need.

https://github.com/teknotus/bitcorder

What's still broken in your pipeline?