Live Video Streaming to Server

Yair Reshef yair99 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:24:32 UTC 2020

yep,  many issues
transcoding is the simple(~) step. you have control of your hardware.
but distribution, CDNs, multi-client detection of bandwidth and
processing capabilities.

without going into two-way and the sub 150ms latency humans demand.
i had the pleasure of sitting next to a conferencing heavy hitter,
requiring servers with 30k open ports to negotiate STUN/TURN and
tweaking freeswitch configs for weeks.
what a mess.

i suggest to start with requirements.
is this a LOLs project on a raspi and a 5$ docker node?
one2one, one2many (how many)?

not speaking as a pro. and would love any info you can gather on the subject
the scenarios are so verified and can get complex easily.
this is where 3rd party vendors, some of open source solutions, play a big part.
and CDNs offering turnkey solutions

black art