can't get audio working in python player

Stefan Huchler stefan.huchler at mail.de
Tue Apr 21 01:49:54 UTC 2020

I try to modify a python gstreamer player I found in the gst-plugin-vr
repository on github.

I get it working with a slightly simpler setup with gst-launch-1.0:

http://ix.io/2iT0

#!/bin/bash
exec gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location="$@" ! decodebin name=decoder decoder. ! glupload ! glcolorconvert ! videorate ! vrcompositor ! video/x-raw\(memory:GLMemory\), width=2880, height=1600, framerate=75/1 ! hmdwarp ! glimagesink decoder. ! audioconvert ! pulsesink

But for some reason when I try to add similary audioconvert and
pulsesink onto a uridecodebin the video don't plays. to be more precise
as soon as I add pulsesink to Gst.Pipeline the video only shows a white
screen and never plays.

http://ix.io/2iSX/python

In this version I use autoaudiosink but the same result is there with
pulsesink.

decodebin and uridecodebin seems to have similar in/outputs.

The gst-plugin-vr repository:
https://github.com/lubosz/gst-plugins-vr