How to create Gstreamer plugin for Windows

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed Apr 22 11:18:54 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 4:56 AM Sameer Thigale <sameerthigale08 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all, I see lot of unanswered questions on stackoverflow on how to
> create gstreamer plugin for Windows using Visual Studio. Can someone please
> provide detailed steps if there are already?

Several ways:
1) meson, how the GStreamer project does it
2) Visual Studio property files provided by official GStreamer installers (
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/installing/on-windows.html?gi-language=c
)
3) CMake (how my project gst-plugins-vision does it, though I plan to move
to meson eventually, https://github.com/joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision)

I suggest starting with a plugin that is close to what you want, then
modify it.

Additional question is: do we need to export any function when compiling
> DLL?

Yes, gst_plugin_PLUGINNAME_get_desc and  gst_plugin_PLUGINNAME_register,
however those get defined for you by using GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE.

-Josh