appsrc - srtserversink - decodebin conflict

jahn jahn.gad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 20:39:50 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a problem that is kind odd. I receive streaming from ROS over
appsrc element.
when my pipeline looks as follows :
appsrc >> videoconvert >> autovideosink,  everything works fine.
I wanted then to make a live streaming using srtserversink.
Unfortunately the pipeline stops after 2 frames when I add the srtserversink
element to the pipeline.
at the beginning I didn't get that the probelm was from this element so I
tried constructing the following pipeline
appsrc >> videoconvert >> x264enc >> mpegtsmux >> decodebin >>
autovideosink. to make sure that the problem wasn't from the encoder or the
muxer but unfortunately the pipeline stopped as well after 2 frames. I
finally discovered that whenever I add srtserversink or decodebin to my
pipeline even if they are not linked to anything, the whole pipeline crashes
after 2 frames.

did anyone face such a problem? or do I miss something ?

thanks in advance
Jahn