adding pad names to pipe

Yair Reshef yair99 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:28:22 UTC 2020

for you example, ximagesink.sink will not work,
it will work just fine without the .sink running in gst-launch.
or use ximagesink0 (default generated name)
there is only one sink out of xvimagesink and gst-launch is aware of that.

elements have names, or get one automagicly (usually elemnt_named+0).
you can see them if you add -v verbose flag. or you can be explicit. like
in the following pad example .
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/tutorials/basic/gstreamer-tools.html#pads

pads have names as well, like tee0.video_0, tee0.video_1
  tee is the name of the element, and video_0 is the name of the pad.
or you can be explicit like ! tee name=mytee !
then it will be like
mytee=video_0

TIP, try to supply a generic gst-launch that uses videotestsrc or friends.
so we can run it straight without guesswork.