Using GStreamer to stream multicast RTP audio for MOH

2457832464 alex.sennet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:38:10 UTC 2020

Hello!

I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction on possibly using
GStreamer to stream G.711 uLaw 8Khz mono audio to a multicast address.

My goal is to use this for Cisco Call Manager Multicast music on hold. The
audio format needs to be

RTP G.711uLaw64k 8Khz mono
Mulitcast IP 239.1.1.1 port 16384

The source would be a .wav file local on the GStreamer server device
(hopefully a Raspberry Pi type device) that could run a web server for
uploading/switching out the audio file.

If anyone has suggestions I would really appreciate it! Thank You!