Screen recording and Nvidia acceleration

Davide Perini perini.davide at dpsoftware.org
Wed Aug 5 16:26:54 UTC 2020

If not, is it possible to say gstreamer to capture the frame only if
"something changed on the screen"?
Is it possible to reduce the CPU load by reducing capture quality?

Basically I need to capture some areas of the screen (100 areas of 50x50
pixel size) 30 times per second.
Once captured the screen, I need to get only the average color of that
area. Nothing more.

What are the possible optimizations for my purpose?

Thanks
Davide