1:1 streaming to android

Carl Karsten carl at nextdayvideo.com
Thu Aug 6 06:18:11 UTC 2020

I want to stream video from a pi (camera, but videotestsrc to start)
to a single android device over wifi.

I also want to stream over wifi to voctomix video mixer, which is likely
via a bridge that decompresses and sends to voctocore.

In both cases, I get to control what runs on either side of the wifi, and I
suspect the pi will be the same, but it doesn't have to be.

I want as close to 0 latency as possible, even if it means dropping frames,
ideally being backfilled by a copy of whatever the previous frame was.

Here is a starting point:
sender (pi)
gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! jpegenc ! rtpjpegpay ! udpsink host=twist
port=7001

receiver: (currently my laptop, hope to be an android tablet over wifi)
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=7001 !
application/x-rtp,encoding-name=JPEG,payload=26 ! rtpjpegdepay ! jpegdec !
autovideosink

so.. how do I connect to the sender and display on an android device?

preferably with a web browser for debugging, and a python app because I
like python.

--
Carl K