How can I change the bitrate dinamically in a gstreamer example?

evaluat0r volatileconst at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 06:04:11 UTC 2020

peter12 wrote
> I am new with gstreamer, so I'm not very familiar with the environment.
>
> Can anyone show me a simple Gstreamer example of the code where the bideo
> bitrate of a sample video is changed dinamically.
>
> thanks
>

> --

I think what you really want is webrtcbin

webrtc supports adjusting video and audio bitrate in response to feedback
using rtcp

sender reports stats, receive reports stats and the sender uses those stats
to adjust bitrate

this is also why you can't hook up rtsp directly to webrtc without also
video and audio transcoding