GStreamer license

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Aug 14 13:52:16 UTC 2020

Le jeudi 13 août 2020 à 20:31 +0200, Davide Perini a écrit :
> Hi guys,
> can I redistribuite the awesome gstreamer windows binary with my free
> open source software without problems?
>
> Using MIT license for my software.

Yes, but you have a small duty, which is simply to add some text file,
or about dialog that mention the included software. For the public
builds, we provide a self contained rebuildable tarball which works for
all OSes.

  https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/src/1.16.2/

So you can simply drop this link in your about dialog or some text file
installed with your app. This *should* cover LGPL requirements for
redistribution. If you stick with DLL, that's all you have to do, your
advance users should be able to rebuild GStreamer with changes and just drop in an updated DLL to replace the LGPL bit.