Playbin with videconvert and appsink doesn't go into playing state

jf_pt saveuselon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 04:46:41 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm making a simple video player using playbin and need to receive the
frames as BGRA. As I understand it, this should be possible with
videoconvert + appsink. The problem is that, when I set the playbin state to
play, nothing happens. Debugging tells me that the states are either READY
or PAUSED.

This is the code (with the Rust bindings, but it's very similar to the C
API):

There are no errors/warnings/info from the bus either. It seems to be
quietly failing to go into a playing state. Adding  doesn't work either.
It's not just the video portion which is "stuck"; no audio is being played.