RSPI 4 and Cam streaming

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Aug 28 19:53:14 UTC 2020

Le vendredi 28 août 2020 à 13:31 -0500, DejanCotra a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> no there is no error as far as I can see with GST_DEBUG=3.
> Regarding v4l2convert I remove it from pipeline as it turns out its not
> needed after all so pipeline looks now like this:
> v4l2src ! video/x-raw,width=(int)640,height=(int)480 ! queue ! v4l2h264enc
> extra-controls=s,h264_i_frame_period=15,h264_profile=1,h264_level=10 !
> video/x-h264 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay config-interval=-1 name=payloader !
> queue ! " RTP_CAPS_H264 "96
>
> I remove also video_bitrate, but yes nice catch I just copied it from
> x264enc and for it its kbit/sec :)
> ok I guees I can try to remove profile and level as well.
> How can I set video_gop_size, then I run v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video11 -L there
> is no video_gop_size control?

It's possible the driver author has miss-interpreted the spec,
something we would have catched if he had submitted his driver for
upstream review. You would have to get onto RPi forum to verify the
this is in fact controlling the gop_size (idr distance) rather then the
I frame distance, which is a niche but different concept.

> What is more interesting when I use pipeline like above I was able to stream
> my camera to https://webrtc.nirbheek.in/ (I use this website for testing)
> but my windows Gstremer application still has same problem :(
>
> Unfortunately I can not share my application its under NDA. both RPi4 app
> which is QT application nor Windows application.
> Plus Im running on RPi4 AGL (Automotive Grade Linux) and I had to apply some
> tweaks to official AGL image and build additional libraries in order to run
> my QT application.
>
> Thank you very much for support.

If you have any new information worth sharing (and that you are allowed
to of course), just let us know we'll do are best to help.