Switching Streams sent via GstBaseSrc

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 21:00:30 UTC 2020

I have an element built on top of GstBaseSrc to generate multiple
streams, one after the other. The streams have different content,
stream-id's and caps.

I *thought* that all I would have to do was send an EOS followed by a
new stream-start , caps, and segment, and all would just work.

Instead, the moment GstBaseSrc sees the EOS event via
gst_element_send_event, it just shuts down. Same thing if I return EOS
from the capture routine.

What is the correct way to switch from sending one stream to sending
another, when using GstBaseSrc?

--
Stirling Westrup (he/him)
Programmer, Entrepreneur.