GES and audiodynamic

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Thu Dec 3 03:59:41 UTC 2020

Thanks.  I have a followup question (below).

I want to increase the audio signal gain (a.k.a. volume), but I need to
guard against clipping the waveform (when it gets up-scaled past the
dynamic range).  So I should probably avoid the GESAudioSource "volume" [1].

*Question:*  Do you think the following approach would work instead?

Create 2 GESEffects (in this order).

   1. Use GESEffect "audiodynamic" to compress the dynamic range of the
   audio signal as shown here.
   2. Use GESEffect "volume" to make the signal louder.

[1]
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/gst-editing-services/gesaudiosource.html?gi-language=c