rtsp server - memory leak

omer.tal jacklawi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:43:22 UTC 2020

Hey there,

I've noticed that when I'm running an RTSP server with Gstreamer, whenever a
client connects, the memory usage is increasing, and when that client
disconnects, memory does decrease, but not as much, causing huge memory
leaks over time.

I could easily reproduce this with the test-launch program:

*Server side:*
./test-launch ' ( v4l2src ! videoconvert !
video/x-raw,framerate=30/1,format=I420 ! x264enc tune=zerolatency
key-int-max=60 ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 ) '

*Client side:*
gst-launch-1.0 -e rtspsrc location=rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test ! fakesink

Just run and close the client repeatedly, and see how the memory usage of
the test-launch process increases.

Is there a workaround / fix for this?

Thanks