Building gstreamer as a tarball without runtime dependencies

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Mon Dec 7 21:14:09 UTC 2020

Hi Nicolas, I think you may have answered this question:

   - Is it possible to build gstreamer as a single tarball for linux x86_64
   with zero *buildtime* dependencies (except for a linux kernel)?

But I asked this question:

   - Is it possible to build gstreamer as a single tarball for linux x86_64
   with zero *runtime* dependencies (except for a linux kernel)?

I know the build system needs to consume external 3rd party libraries, but
I am thinking of something that produces a single self-contained tarball
which can be dropped onto any linux system and run without the need for
additional packages to be installed.  The tar-ball would only require a
Linux kernel and nothing else.