Change pipeline encoder h264 to h265 at runtime

MustafaBkrc mustafa.bkrc93 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 11:29:25 UTC 2020

Hello Toshick

Thank you for your reply, you are right, I dont need to send EOS event to
downstream. Which event you can suggest? Maybe GST_EVENT_RECONFIGURE event
could be useful. And is there any function to catch eos event before go to
donwstream ?

I also understood  the problem that I wrote, the reason that I cannot send
the stream is , after EOS event all pipeline stream stops so I have to start
stream with the start stream event. I send the start event to the pad I
blocked in which is decodebin element.

But I face with another problem, the mpegtsmux still have the same metadata
(about h264enc metadata I think). I realised that output of the ffplay.
ffplay was still trying to solve stream with h264 encoder.

So I also changed the mpegtsmux with the new one at runtime, them problem is
solved. But this way code can be much more complicated if I add more element
after decodebin or mpegtsmux element (maybe I have to change the all
elements after decodebin until the udpsink element).

I dont  know how to reconfigure or inject metadata to mpegtsmux element or
any element. Maybe If I change the metadata of mpegtsmux I dont have to
change any element.

If you know how can I change the metadata of mpegtsmux ( h264 metadata to
h265 metadata ), I searched but I could not find a solution of doing this.
Could you point me to correct way of changing metadata . I would be very
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mustafa.