tee + videocrop issues

Anil Ramachandran cloud9ine at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:11:55 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use gstreamer to create two video windows from a single
decoded video in the pipeline by using tee in combination with videocrop to
show different areas of the decoded video. However, when I insert
videocrop in either branch, it displays a green window with the error
"failed to assert dinfo.height == sinfo.height and dinfo.width ==
sinfo.width.

The command I am using is:

gst-launch-1.0 -e udpsrc multicast-group=224.0.0.1 multicast-iface=eth0
auto-multicast=true port=5001 caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)video,
clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=(int)96" !
rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! tee name=t ! queue ! videocrop left=100
right=100 top=100 bottom=100 ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! video/x-raw !
autovideosink sync=false t. ! queue ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

In the pipeline image (attached), the only pad that shows a different input
width and height vs output width and height is videocrop. When I use
videocrop without a tee, I do not have this issue. Am I misunderstanding
something here?

Thanks for any help!

cloud9ine