RTP H264 stream corrupted

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Thu Dec 10 19:05:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Thu, 2020-12-10 at 04:37 -0600, omer.tal wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to send an RTP stream of my screen (ximagesrc).
>
> I'm streaming this RTP over WiFi. The receiver's side cannot decode
> it
> successfully (many bad frames).
>
> I don't care about latency, but I want high quality. Can you please
> share a
> pipeline with me?
>

> Some follow-up questions:
> 1. Does rtpjitterbuffer can help here?

Yes, but you should generally using rtpbin which includes the
rtpjitterbuffer

> 2. How can rtpjitterbuffer handle re-transmission. How can the udpsrc
> request a re-transmission from the udpsink on the sender's end?

If you want to have retransmissions, in addition to rtpbin on both
sender and receiver (to handle the RTCP, you want to add the rtprtxsend
on the sender side and rtprtxreceive on the receiver side.

If you control both sides, you may want to look into using gst-rtsp-
server + rtspsrc which does all of those things for you.

> 3. rtpjitterbuffer requires caps with clockrate. How can I know my
> clockrate?

For video, the clock rate is always 90000

Olivier

> Thank you...
>

> --

Olivier Crête