Distorted video when using videoflip, videoscale and a video with image-orientation tag

domsch domsch at gmx.at
Fri Dec 11 09:24:41 UTC 2020

I'm having problems displaying portrait orientation videos that have an
image-orientation tag (rotate-90).
To automatically rotate the video I'm using videoflip (method=automatic).
My video has a resolution of 1080x1920 and I want to scale it down to
540x960.

But gst-launch shows a distorted image:
gst-launch-1.0 -v playbin uri=file:///home/dmsch/portrait-fhd.mp4
video-sink="videoflip method=automatic ! videoscale !
video/x-raw,width=540,height=960 ! ximagesink"

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/XRvh6ZN
Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mYWEpHsWQljhBGlBB4RPgDe8qAuKm3r_/view?usp=sharing