webrtcbin: DTLS sometimes gets stuck on connecting in Chrome 87

Zachary Hueras ZHueras at amdtelemedicine.com
Sun Dec 13 21:31:55 UTC 2020

I suspect the problem is related to these two issues:

    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/-/issues/1475

    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/-/issues/1412

I applied the patch from the first's poster to the client side to delay the connection, which does mitigate the issue, however it still happens, and seems to happen more frequently with slower PCs.

As an attempt to work around, I am working with a customized gst-plugins-bad which attempts to support "manual" ICE restarts (e.g., a restart option passed in to create-offer). If I can get that working, I'll formalize it and put it into a pull request. If anyone has any input on how best to go about making this work, I would appreciate it.

Relatedly, my boss has approved budget to bring in some help on this issue, so if you're interested in helping me fix and/or work around this issue, please reach out with your credentials (or at least your github) and rates. An NDA may be needed if helping with the workaround, as it involves working with proprietary code too.

Zachary Hueras
Principal Software Engineer
AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc.
Cell : 978-660-3812