Decode Gstreamer RTP H264 with ffmpeg (or VLC)

omer.tal jacklawi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 15:49:18 UTC 2020

Hey all,

I know this is a Gstreamer forum, but I was wondering if anyone knows how
can I view an H264 RTP stream created by Gstreamer using ffmpeg or VLC.

When trying to play the stream using URI, both ffmpeg and VLC request for an
SDP file.

I tried giving it an SDP file, but the image was very badly corrupted and
looked more like garbage than my actual video.

I found many people asking this, but I didn't come up with any solution.

Thanks for any help.