Gstreamer RTSP Server - Multicast and Unicast streaming

Manoj Detroja (Software Development - Telecom) manoj.detroja at matrixcomsec.com
Mon Dec 28 04:25:05 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Greeting of the Day.

My Requirement:
I want to use Gstreamer RTSP Server in my streaming server, The scenario I
am trying to achieve is that the server will have two mount points like:
1. rtsp://<IP>:<Port>/multicaststream
2. rtsp://<IP>:<Port>/unicaststream
Server will provide multicast and unicast live streams on respective urls.
To optimize the resources used I am trying to use the same
GstRTSPMediFactory to stream both unicast and multicast streams
simultaneously utilizing a single multimedia pipeline to achieve live
stream from single source to serve different clients.

As shown in the test example in
Gstreamer/gst-rtsp-server/examples/test-multicast2.c, I have tried adding
an address pool on request of unicast/multicast. But eventually it is only
streaming either of them.

Queries:
- Is it possible to use the same GstRTSPMediaFactory to deliver stream to
multiple client on different transport (ex: UDP-Multicast and TCP-UDP
Unicast)?
- I have also tried to create two GstRTSPMediaFactory for both multicast
and unicast but in that case the question still remains how would the same
media source could be shared between multiple media factory or pipeline?

Provide advice to achieve it.

Regards,
Manoj Detroja.