0 features of va-api plugin

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Feb 1 12:06:34 UTC 2020

Le vendredi 31 janvier 2020 à 02:12 -0600, gareth a écrit :
> Thanks for reply.
>
> I have tried to change to i965 driver.
>
> vainfo
> error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
> error: can't connect to X server!

That could be the issue.

> libva info: VA-API version 1.6.0
> libva info: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
> libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_1
> libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
> vainfo: VA-API version: 1.6 (libva 2.1.0)
> vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Coffee Lake - 2.1.0
> vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
>       VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
>       VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
>       VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
>       VAProfileH264MultiviewHigh      : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileH264MultiviewHigh      : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileH264StereoHigh         : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileH264StereoHigh         : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileVC1Simple              : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileVC1Main                : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc
>       VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointEncPicture
>       VAProfileVP8Version0_3          : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileVP8Version0_3          : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileVP9Profile0            : VAEntrypointVLD
>       VAProfileVP9Profile0            : VAEntrypointEncSlice
>       VAProfileVP9Profile2            : VAEntrypointVLD
>
> But the result from vaapi is still the same.
>
> GST_VAAPI_ALL_DRIVERS=1 GST_REGISTRY=/tmp/some-debug-registry
> GST_DEBUG=vaapi:5 gst-inspect-1.0 vaapi
> Plugin Details:
>   Name                     vaapi
>   Description              VA-API based elements
>   Filename                 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstvaapi.so
>   Version                  1.16.2
>   License                  LGPL
>   Source module            gstreamer-vaapi
>   Source release date      2019-12-03
>   Binary package           gstreamer-vaapi
>   Origin URL
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

Which distro patches GStreamer to point to bugzilla ? Would be nice to
file an issue in the distro specific tracker, since bugzilla has now
been put read-only and issues should be filed against gitlab. I'm not
sure setting the Origin URL to the issue tracker is great though.