Skipped frames when displaying RTP / H.264 stream

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Feb 7 14:18:53 UTC 2020

Le ven. 7 févr. 2020 09 h 00, jean-philippe <jean_philippe_arnaud at yahoo.fr>
a écrit :

> Update.
>
> It seems the problem is with 'rtph264pay' when the h.264 pushed into it is
> 'avc'.
>
> Modifying the pipeline like this seems to make the problem go away:
> ... ! vpuenc_h264 gop-size=30 bitrate=5000 ! queue ! h264parse !
> video/x-h264,stream-format=*byte-stream* ! rtph264pay ! queue !
> rtph264depay
> ! ...

Good finding, that will help. I'm surprise NXP decided to produce AVCc by
default. It's quite assymetric, since the Hantro decoder they use requires
annex B / byte-stream. I'll try to make sure we don't reproduce this with
the upstream drivers  and GST elements ;-)

Thanks for the data, I'm saving this locally and will analyse this to find
out what need fixing. But I may not be able to look at this this week.