vaapidecodebin tee output

Víctor Jáquez vjaquez at igalia.com
Mon Feb 10 16:12:11 UTC 2020

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 at 15:54, Gerald Hansink wrote:
> hi,
>
> is it possible to "tee" the "vaapi surface" output of "vaapidecodebin" to
> link 1 branch
> to "vaapisink" and the other to "vaapipostproc"?

It depends. For example this one seems to work (I tested it with
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer-vaapi/merge_requests/100
merged):

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! \
  vaapidecodebin ! tee name=t ! queue ! xvimagesink \
  t. ! queue ! fakesink

Queues are mandatory otherwise you get a deadlock. And it's still very fragile.

Rendering context restricts a lot what you can do with surfaces bounded to one
of them.

The safest options would be to copy the frame onto a system memory video frame.