H.264: HLS Sink + SRT Sink questions

MathieuP mathieu.pierfitte at nirovision.com
Thu Feb 13 02:38:29 UTC 2020

Jumping back on this issue, because I have an update and it might help people
trying to do the same.

Going with alignment=7 introduced a new problem in the HLS part of my
pipeline: the DELTA_UNIT flags were never set, which means most files didn't
start with a key frame, so the first GOP was often corrupted.
I'm not actually using hlssink there but my own implementation of this logic
instead, but it's likely that hlssink would face the same problem.

So in the end, I decided to tee before the MPEG TS muxing, and use 2
instances of mpegtsmux: one for HLS (with the default alignment), and one
for SRT streaming (with alignment=7).

Hope it helps.