Trimming mp4 video

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Feb 19 00:48:24 UTC 2020

Le mar. 18 févr. 2020 19 h 15, Pascal Jacquemart <pascal at fluffyspider.com>
a écrit :

> Hi Vinod,
>
> Thanks but I already read this page twice before posting ;-)
>
> As far as I understand the SEEK call is working fine.
> FLUSH is causing the corrupt mp4 file.
> gst-discover says "This file contains no playable streams".
>
> I think I need to start the pipeline with fakesink.
> And plug the muxer once the seek is done.
> But I am looking for guidance before going into something too
> complicated.

This method is pretty complicated, it's implemented in NLE elements which
are part of gst-editing-services library.

If you are looking for something simpler, use two pipeline, one for the
seeking, ending with appsink, and one for muxing, starting with appsrc. You
can then operate the initial seek, without disturbing the muxing pipeline.
Don't forget to push Eos on the muxing pipeline.