Building new source element

Frederic Turmel fturmel at netflix.com
Wed Jan 8 17:46:16 UTC 2020

Hi, I'm looking to create new source element (Audio/Video) for HDMI card
(not supporting V4L). I'm looking for guidance regarding the boilerplate
scripts. I'm targeting to start with last stable release 1.16.2

-Is there a boilerplate to create a new project meson friendly? I found
gst-project-maker but that is autotools related. Also found this "
https://github.com/ast/gst-make" but not sure if it is still valid

-Is gst-element-maker still the preferred method to start a new plugins
from scratch?

I have to admit that I'm starting from scratch.

Thanks
FredT