appsrc performance issue

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jan 9 01:40:31 UTC 2020

Le mercredi 08 janvier 2020 à 11:07 -0600, mksafavi a écrit :
> thanks.
> I'll look into CPU usage and report back.
> I don't know about how to proxy query allocation though.
>

> I'm using the Xilinx VCU decoder/encoder on the Ultrascale ZCU104 board.

Then you really want to proxy the allocation. The encoder requires
larger padding then what the decoder produce by default. With Xilinx
branch, it's fully handled already for what I'm aware, but for that,
you need to proxy at least the allocation query. To do so, you have to
add a probe on the sink pad of that appsink, and then run that query on
the appsrc element. I believe that should be sufficient, but I never
tried on that board.

Have you considered implementing a filter element instead ? I wrote the
other a quick minimal filter for that kind of use case, but haven't
published it yet, it does not even have a build system yet. But maybe
it can be useful to you. Note that the buffer are not writable in this
example, comment out the code in my_minimal_init() if you need writable
init (and for that you need the latest release, since you need a gst-
omx without the NO_SHARE flags set on buffers).

https://gitlab.collabora.com/nicolas/minimal