Access violation rtspsrc set-parameter action signal

wilson1994 willemsthomas1994 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 10:19:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have a gstreamer application which uses rtspsrc to stream video data, and
to get and set server parameters. For getting/setting parameters I use the
"set-parameter" and "get-parameter" action signals. Also I need to compile
this application for both windows and linux, for which I use meson and
gstreamer 1.16.0 .

In Linux everything works fine. When compiled in Windows, the
"get-parameter" also works, but the "set-parameter" signal causes and access
violation error:

Exception code=0xc0000005 flags=0x0 at 0x00007FF814F00000. Access violation
- attempting to execute data at address 0x00007FF814F00000

A very simple example to reconstruct:

    g_print("going to get parameter\n");
    gboolean dummy;
    GstPromise *promise_get = gst_promise_new();
    g_signal_emit_by_name(source, "get_parameter", "test", NULL,
promise_get, &dummy);
    // -----> works fine
    g_print("going to set parameter\n");
    GstPromise *promise_set = gst_promise_new();
    g_signal_emit_name(source, "set-parameter", "test", "test", NULL,
promise_set);
    // ----> ERROR

Can someone please tell me if this is a bug? I also tried using gstreamer
1.17.0 but the same happens there.

Before switching to meson I used MinGW to compile for windows, and there I
had no problems with "set-parameter" signal.