Plugin for a LWIR SmartIR640 sensor

m.lenz m.lenz at kappa-optronics.com
Fri Jan 10 10:50:16 UTC 2020

Hey,

I started using GStreamer for a new application with an LWIR sensor. The
camera device is a SmartIR640 from ALab running on a Linux based operating
system on a Jetson TX2.

I want to use a Gstreamer pipeline to grab the video data and process them.
>From ALab I got the shared object library and the header files for the
camera.

In a first step I used Pipeline Manipulation of an appsrc element to get the
data into the pipeline. This works just fine.

To become more flexible with the pipeline I want to create a plugin which
first connects to the camera and then puts the video data into the pipeline,
so that I can use GStreamer as a command line tool.

Therefore I used the gst_element_maker with the GstBaseSrc template to
create my smartir640src plugin. Then I used _start() to open the device and
_fill() where I put all the data into the buffer. Don’t know if this is the
right procedure.

But I don’t how to test this new plugin. I already read all the “Plugin
Writers Guide” information. I have the files gstsmartir640src.c / .h and the
.so / .h files from the camera sensor. What I have to do now so that
gst-inspect will find this new plugin? I can not find any information to
this.

Thanks a lot