4K playback optimization help needed

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Jan 27 15:42:30 UTC 2020

Le lundi 27 janvier 2020 à 07:49 -0600, QwjN1Y9mJvamZJ a écrit :
> I really shouldn't post when sleepy. The smooth playback on CPU doesn't
> report dropped frames (Home PC, today), got it yesterday when it was too
> slow. Sorry for the repeated corrections.

Next step would be to look at the latency of the decoder.

  GST_TRACERS=latency\(flags=element\) GST_DEBUG=GST_TRACER:8 ./app 2> gst.log
  gst-stats gst.log

That should give us per element latency, we need to look at what is the latency
of nvh264dec here, and compare against avdec_h264. Another possibility is that
there is a timestamp issue.