appsrc performance issue

mksafavi mksafavi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 11:42:06 UTC 2020

Hi.
this callback function doesn't work for me.because the queries that I get
are GST_QUERY_DRAIN. I changed  /(GST_QUERY_TYPE (query) !=
GST_QUERY_ALLOCATION)/ to GST_QUERY_DRAIN, but I got assertion error on
setting video meta.
GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_query_add_allocation_meta: assertion
'GST_QUERY_TYPE (query) == GST_QUERY_ALLOCATION' failed

/static GstPadProbeReturn appsink_query_cb(GstPad *pad G_GNUC_UNUSED,
GstPadProbeInfo *info, gpointer user_data G_GNUC_UNUSED)
{
	GstQuery *query = info->data;

	if (GST_QUERY_TYPE (query) != GST_QUERY_ALLOCATION){
		g_print("q not alloc\n");
	 	return GST_PAD_PROBE_OK;
	}
		g_print("set to video meta\n");
	gst_query_add_allocation_meta(query, GST_VIDEO_META_API_TYPE, NULL);

	return GST_PAD_PROBE_HANDLED;
}/

btw, why does it print all of the /g_print("set to video meta\n");/ at the
end of the process? (I was expecting it to print each line before pushing
each buffer)

thanks