4K playback optimization help needed

QwjN1Y9mJvamZJ km212121 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 03:57:50 UTC 2020

I was able to solve the stuttering playback issue with a dirty fix by storing
the "good" PTS value for each buffer in a reference_timestamp_meta, and
replacing the changed "uneven" PTS values with the good ones later in the
pipeline. The "good" PTS values were stored into meta at the parser's sink,
and were retrieved at the decoder's sink (could've chosen another step in
the pipeline), where the current "bad" PTS values were replaced by them.
This in essence removed the stuttering.

Please let me know if this behaviour (="uneven" increments of PTS) is by
design or a bug. If it's a bug, then is it already known or is it new, and
should I open an issue?