proxy allocation query to fix appsink zero-copy issue

mksafavi mksafavi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 11:39:42 UTC 2020

Hi.
to fix zero-copy issues I had with appsink. as suggested I tried proxying
the query allocation based on kmscube decoder.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/kmscube/blob/master/gst-decoder.c#L242
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/kmscube/blob/master/gst-decoder.c#L242>
So far I added a probe to my appsink and in the callback function, I checked
for GST_QUERY_ALLOCATION queries and added GST_VIDEO_META_API_TYPE meta to
it.
I logged the queries. after a few Caps and Drain queries, I got a
GST_QUERY_ALLOCATION.
query type : 40963
query type : 35846  <----- GST_QUERY_ALLOCATION

what should I expect to change after adding allocation meta?
 /gst_query_add_allocation_meta(query, GST_VIDEO_META_API_TYPE, NULL);/

Is there any step that I'm missing?

thanks

PS, my followup question:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/appsrc-performance-issue-tt4693030.html