How to get pipeline from gstreamer plugin written in python?

facepalm ejlungay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:51:19 UTC 2020

I am developing a gsssamer plugin using gst-python.

In my gst-python plugin I wanted to get the pipeline so that I can query all
plugins from the pipeline by name and update their properties.

I am aware of this:
*desc = "videomixer name=mix sink_1::xpos=290 sink_1::ypos=10 ! videoconvert
! autovideosink sync=false " \
       "videotestsrc pattern=red ! video/x-raw,width=500,height=500 ! mix. "
\
       "videotestsrc pattern=white ! video/x-raw,width=200,height=200 !
mix."
playbin = Gst.parse_launch(desc) # this is the pipeline, here we can get all
plugins by name*

but this is not a plugin rather it is a normal python application.

my plugin is run using the command below:

lets say the name of my plugin is *my-plugin*
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc pattern=white ! videoconvert ! *my-plugin* !
fakesink

*my-plugin* is a gstreamer plugin written in python. Here, I wanted to get
the pipeline that is use to run *my-plugin*. In this case, this:
*gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc pattern=white ! videoconvert ! my-plugin !
fakesink*

so that I can get all other plugins using their names.

is this possible?