Get NTP and RTP timestamp using rtspsrc

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Jul 1 15:05:31 UTC 2020

Le mardi 30 juin 2020 à 13:13 -0500, pasifus a écrit :
> Hi devs,
>
> I looking for simple way to get NTP and RTP timestamps from RTCP package
> using *rtspsrc*.
>
> I listen in gstrtspsrc.c and found that it open second pipe for RTCP using
> *rtpsession* so I'm looking for way to get it session using  *rtspsrc*
> element (without changes in gstreamer/plugins)
>
> Or may somebody know more simple way?

The rtspsrc does not depayload the RTP packets (not package). You can
add your own filter or use a pad probe to inspect these packets. The
GstRTPBuffer API is really handly to map and read the content of an RTP
packet. In this API you'll find gst_rtp_hdrext_get_ntp_*() functions
(assuming you have that header extension)
and gst_rtp_buffer_get_timestamp() to read the RTP timestamp, which is
always present.