Output WebRTCBin to GTK Window using VideoOverlay

Busayo Famutimi famutimi.busayo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:40:52 UTC 2020

Hi Devs,

I am trying to display a video stream from WebRTCBin to a GTK Window using
VideoOverlay rather than have gstreamer create it's own window.

The code works fine (gstwebrtc-demos - sendrecv.c
<https://github.com/centricular/gstwebrtc-demos/blob/master/sendrecv/gst/webrtc-sendrecv.c>).
I managed to tweak it to suit my intended purpose but I keep getting the
following error:

> *GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 21:14:46.552: invalid cast from 'GstWebRTCBin'
> to 'GstVideoOverlay'** (webrtc-sendrecv.exe:6304): CRITICAL **:
> 21:14:46.552: gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle: assertion
> 'GST_IS_VIDEO_OVERLAY (overlay)' failed*

The error is coming from this line of the code:

> */* Pass it to playbin, which implements VideoOverlay and will forward it
> to the video sink */
> gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle(GST_VIDEO_OVERLAY(webrtc1),
> window_handle);*

Please how can I handle this situation?

Thanks.