Gstreamer RTSP Server program fails with "failed to create element 'rtpbin' error

mg arlindoltr at naver.com
Mon Jul 6 03:02:06 UTC 2020

Hello,

I hope this is the correct email to ask for technical support.

I am working on Windows 10 (64 bit), trying to create a Gstreamer Server program:
- that takes an .mp4 video file stored in the PC as input
- creates a URL address in the form of:  rtsp://<IpAddress>:<PortNo>/test
- so that a client application such as VLC, can use the above URL address to play the video.

The Server builds successfully but it fails with the error: "failed to create element 'rtpbin', check your installation" when I attempt to connect VLC to it.
Please, I would appreciate your help on how to solve the mentioned problem.

Best regards,
Magnus.

+82 1077 25 3268