GStreamer Source Element for Proprietary Security Device

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 06:27:59 UTC 2020

Hello guys,

> > I've done this several times in various ways, to share a buffer created
> in a callback with create() or fill(). For matroxsrc[0] I used a single
> mutex protected buffer, and for kayasrc[1] I've used GAsyncQueue.
> >
> > [0]:
> https://github.com/joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision/blob/master/sys/matrox/gstmatroxsrc.c
> > [1]:
> https://github.com/joshdoe/gst-plugins-vision/blob/master/sys/kaya/gstkayasrc.c
>
> John, the matrox example especially is going to be really useful.

And some more (they are a bit countless):

> https://git.linuxtv.org/libcamera.git/tree/src/gstreamer/gstlibcamerasrc.cpp
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/-/blob/master/sys/v4l2/gstv4l2src.c
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/-/blob/master/sys/winks/gstksvideosrc.c

Thank You so much Nicolas for the examples. They are certainly going to be
useful.

My schedule os packed for a few days but I'll certainly make sure whatever
the result is of my experiments, it gets documented to whatever extent
possible.

Warm regards,
Mandar Joshi
Czar Softech