static builds with gstreamer-rs?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jul 7 08:10:54 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-07-07 at 08:20 +0100, David Holroyd wrote:
> I'm stuck working out the details for step #3 at the moment, but I
> mention the earlier steps in case I've made a bad assumption there.
> tried defining an environmental variable
> 'SYSTEM_DEPS_GSTREAMER_1_0_SEARCH_NATIVE' pointing to the builddir
> created by step #2 above, but ldd shows my executable is still
> dynamically linking to my system-installed gstreamer libs.

That's going to be a bit tricky as linker seem to prefer using shared
libraries if somewhere available in the search path, which is going to
be the case for your system libraries. Best to get them out of the way
really :)

You can try setting PKG_CONFIG_ALL_STATIC=1 or gstreamer-1.0_STATIC=1
(and the same for the others).

In addition to this you also need to link in plugins statically, and
then initialize each of the plugins you want to use in your code.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com