DVR file player

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Jul 18 14:44:26 UTC 2020

Le sam. 18 juill. 2020 08 h 30, SerbanM <serbanmaduta at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello all,
>
> I need a .DVR file player and I want to build it using gstreamer,
> with DVR files being a H264 encoded stream with timestamp information
> attached to each recorded frame.
> I have no idea how to extract and process those timestamps using gstreamer.
> What options do I have? I found no information about this topic.

They say it has similarity with ASF, so perhaps it's a matter of extending
asfdemux (assuming it's not already supported). Overall the task is about
adding support for this container format:

- Find doc or reverse the format
- Compare with ASF
- Extend asfdemux or write a new demuxer
- Implement a typefinder for it

Requires GStreamer plugin programming skills, there is a programmer guide
on our website:

  https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/