Are httpservers seekable ?

nishitha nishitha.a at ignitarium.com
Wed Jul 22 04:59:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have been trying to run an http streaming pipeline from the client side.

/gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc retries=-1
location=http://10.201.4.233:8081/home/ignitarium/Downloads/nosound_meditate.mp4/playlist.m3u8
! queue !  decodebin ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! video/x-raw, width=640,
height=480 !  queue ! xvimagesink/

I need a server that is seekable after a network disconnection.
I tried with vlc server, but that's not seekable. Then I moved to Nimble
streamer, which is found to support seek.
When I reconnect after 3 minutes of network disconnection, the pipeline
works.
But after 4 minutes, I get the following error.

/ERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstHLSDemux:hlsdemux0: A
network error occurred, or the server closed the connection unexpectedly./

Is there any other seekable server that can support my use case ?