set property value from a string

Gary Metalle Gary.Metalle at rvl.co.uk
Thu Jul 23 12:58:37 UTC 2020

Just for completeness I sussed out the problem with validating a property value...

The return value from g_param_value_validate()? returns TRUE if it had to modify the value in order to keep the value within the bounds for the property and FALSE if the value you passed in was already good.

I think it's slightly confusing that a call to a function called g_param_value_validate? returns a FALSE value when it is given a valid parameter to validate, but never mind, once you understand how it works, it's easy.

I ignore the return value if it's FALSE and print out a whinge warning if TRUE that the property value has been set to a different (but valid) value compared to the requested value which was invalid.

Gary.