Gstreamer no video in output stream when using MotionCells OpenCV plugin

visuatech sander at visuatech.be
Mon Jul 27 08:13:46 UTC 2020

Following Pipeline works locally for streaming rtsp video to a TCP sink:

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc
location='rtsp://admin:fakepass@192.168.2.150:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1'
! decodebin ! queue ! videoconvert ! x264enc byte-stream=true threads=4
key-int-max=25 ! mpegtsmux ! tcpserversink port=8554 host=0.0.0.0

but as soon as I add in motioncells I no longer get any output video on the
TCP stream:

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc
location='rtsp://admin:fakepass@192.168.2.150:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1'
! decodebin ! queue ! videoconvert ! motioncells sensitivity=1
motioncellthickness=3 cellscolor=255,0,0 usealpha=false gridx=8 gridy=8 !
queue ! videoconvert ! queue ! x264enc tune=zerolatency byte-stream=true
threads=4 key-int-max=25 ! mpegtsmux ! tcpserversink port=8554 host=0.0.0.0

The output resolution is equal to the input resolution, but there are no
images inside.

If I use xvimagesink instead of tcpserversink I locally get the correct
stream with the motioncells overlay.

How can I stream the working “xvimagesink” output to my tcpsink?