gStreamer memory leak observed when restarting the pipeline multiple times

SAMAL Suraj Suraj.SAMAL at idemia.com
Wed Jul 29 12:21:23 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I have a simple program which has the following pipeline: rtspsrc ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! videorate ! appsink The pipeline is started using gst_parse_launch(). For every input job received (new rtsp camera stream to be analyzed), the pipeline is recreated and restarted and we read the input frames from the appsink. However, everytime the pipeline is restarted, the memory usage of the application shoots up. I have attached the sample program. main2.cpp</gstreamer/gstreamer/uploads/fea9504210ae027ff3cabb9f83431e73/main2.cpp> gstCapture.h</gstreamer/gstreamer/uploads/0721f620975cb594f378ff2ef455aea3/gstCapture.h> gstCapture.cpp</gstreamer/gstreamer/uploads/6c6b768dd13daf786da5331257763e13/gstCapture.cpp>

I have also tried to create the pipeline dynamically, i.e to create each element at run time and link them and making sure to free each and every gstreamer resource at the end, but the mem leak observed there is even more.

GStreamer and its plugin versions are : v1.17 OS: Ubuntu 18.04 x86_64

Thanks

Suraj

IDEMIA Internal