Docker deployment for Gstreamer 1.17

jahn jahn.gad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:36:27 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

I wrote a small software depending on Gstreamer and ROS. I use srtserversink
and srtclientsrc in my app. Now I'm attempting to containerize my app using
docker. unfortunately, I'm a newbie to docker so please excuse my stupid
questions if they are.
is there some way to deploy my image based on both of them?
is there a docker image that has both of those things to use directly?
how to deploy a docker image that has both? should I use ROS as base and
build gstreamer 1.17 for example over it?
I tried the third option but building the whole gstreamer is hard and the
result is a huge image (although it was broken) so if this is the only
option.
How to know which libraries and dependencies should I include in my image to
reduce the size?

Thanks in advance
Jahn